Monday, January 10, 2011

19 Things You Should "NEVER" Say To A Single Person

Hello dear readers. Happy new year to all of you! It's been a month since I posted here. As "buena mano"  for this year, here is a post which I know some of you will find it helpful when dealing with single people. I don't know if some of you can relate to this, but sometimes, we have said something unintentionally which could annoy or insult them. So, for all people who have single friends and find it difficult to deal with them (sometimes), hope this post can help.

Please don't say: 

1. It happens when you're not looking. (that's just bull)

2. There are plenty of fish in the sea. (oh that will make me feel so much better)

3. So, why are you still single? (and why are you still rude?)

4. You're too picky. (go ahead & kick me while I'm down)

5. You'll find the right person for you. (and that's going to make me feel better too)

6. He's/She's out there. (uh huh)

7. It was just bad timing. (like its so easy to dismiss a guy on such emotionless & objective reason)

8. Just have fun with it! (um, don't tell me how to date in my 30s when you got married at 24)

9. Have you tried online dating? (duh)

10. He/She just wasn't the right guy/gal for you. (I know! That's what I'm complaining about!)

11. Well when my boyfriend/girlfriend & I first met .... (yeah, that really helps to talk about you because I'm SO much like you)

12. When the time is right you will meet someone. (oh so that explains it all)

13. Wow, I wish I were single and in your shoes! (really? I'm pretty sure you CAN be single if you want to be. So if you aren't messing with me out of pity - which I think you are - please go for it!)

14. Your turn next [at weddings] (there's just no response for that)

15. It will happen when you least expect it (uh huh, that will keep me warm at night)

16. Some guy/gal will come along and ruin you career/life plans.(umm I'm getting old and no one has ruined the last 10 years of my life)

17. But you're so pretty/handsome and nice! Why don't you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? (there's just no polite or graceful way to answer that)

18. It just wasn't meant to be. (and that is just so annoying when heard from the mouths of smug married people)

19. You're married right now, right?! (You think?!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment